Monday, May 2, 2011
1. a disposition to be humble; a lack of false pride
2. a humble feeling.
"Humility is marked by meekness and modesty in behavior,attitude, or spirit."
It's a willingness to obey Father no matter the cost. It's letting go of myself and living a life that is not all about ME. It's putting others first. Humility is the path to holiness. It's the way of Jesus.
I think humility can be a hard word to define. Kind of like beauty. Love. Peace. Joy. It's easier to spot it.
I wonder if the people in my life see humility in me? Maybe sometimes. But, much of the time, I would bet to say the people living under my roof, see more pride than humility. I guess like our salvation, humility is something that has to be worked out in our lives.
That's why I chose HUMILITY to be my word of focus this week. It's an area in my life I must work out.
Plan for the week:
1. I bought the book: Humility by Andrew Murray this morning on the kindle. I have heard that it is a rich resource on learning to live a humble life. I'll give it a read this week.
2. Pray fervently for Father to work humility into my heart and spirit.
3. Be mindful about when I need to ask forgiveness from someone that I may have wounded because of my pride.
4. Remember that it is not about ME.
"Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real." -Thomas Merton
"Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you will get on your feet." James 4:10
Who have you spotted humility in recently?
Posted by kristin at 10:13 AM