Wednesday, April 20, 2011

inspiration in worship..

I have been inspired this week by "The Cross". I have spent a lot of time thinking about what Jesus did for me, leading up to Easter Sunday. And to be quite honest, I have been moved to some really powerful emotions. It is so overwhelming to think of how much He loves me. Especially when I realize the depravity of my sin.

These are a few songs I've listened to over and over this week, and have had a Holy Spirit filled time with:

"OH PRAISE THE ONE WHO PAID MY DEBT AND RAISED THIS LIFE UP FROM THE DEAD!"


"IN MY SIN, YES, EVEN THEN, HE SHED HIS BLOOD FOR ME."

This last one is a little harsh and a bit hard to watch, but very, very POWERFUL!
 l

Often, I need to get quite and low, and remember the extent of Jesus' love for me. I need to remember what it took, for me to be able to have an intimate relationship with Father. I need to be reminded that I have been bought at a great price. And, it needs to breed thanksgiving in my heart.

"This is the kind of love we are talking about- not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God." 1John 4:9 (MSG)

How does the work of "The Cross" inspire you? Have you been inspired through worship this week?

No comments: