Thursday, April 28, 2011

fainting goats

I was sitting across the table last night sharing a house pizza with one of my dearest friends, who had just encountered probably one of the hardest moments of her life. Her swollen eyes and tear streaked face showed me the pain she was enduring. As I picked the mushrooms off my pizza, we started sharing funny stories. She was trying to tell me about the "fainting goats" that a guy from her work was telling her about. But, she was laughing so hard she couldn't get it out. Finally, she regained her composure and told me that this guy grew up with goats, and they would run out in the fields blowing a horn, the goats would run, go baahhhh, and fall straight over.. on their sides.. with their legs sticking straight out. The way she was telling this story made me laugh so hard. Our laughter rang out through the whole restaurant. We weren't sure if we believed this phenomenon or not. But, it sure did make us laugh. The tears filling our eyes as we ended our meal together did not come from pain but from pure LAUGHTER...



I talked to her earlier today.. she said she rested well last night.
Maybe, laughter is the best medicine...

Kristin

No comments: