Monday, December 13, 2010

Til the Honey Spoils...

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me..... A jar of pure honey.
 This jar of honey was one of my anniversary gifts. George tells me all the time that he will love me til the honey spoils. That is because honey never spoils. So I guess that means he will love me forever. However, George learned a new fact about honey before he presented me with this heartfelt gift.
The label that he created reads:

Kristin, Happy Anniversary. Thanking you for 12 years together. I tell you that I will love you til the honey spoils, and I mean it. But today I learned something new. I found out that the only honey that will never go bad is pure honey that man has not tampered with to make it the way HE wants it. When people get a hold of honey, even the kind that says its pure honey, has been processed by man and will spoil. So from here forward let my love for you be God's pure love and not the love I want it to be. For what he creates will last forever, but what man makes will crumble and decay. I love you not with my selfish heart, but with the heart God has given me for you. You mean so much to me. Why yes, yes I will love you til the honey spoils. Happy 12th Anniversary my sweet Kristin. I love you. G.

The sweetness of this gift melted my heart. It is dear to me, and has given me a new perspective on how to love.  
With a pure heart. 
God's heart. 
Love in Spirit and Truth. 
I guess we are both learning about pure love. It means we have to add the right ingredients and eliminate the wrong ones.
  Ingredients
Gods Honey:
Love, patience, kindness, rejoicing in truth, bears all things, believes all things, hopes in all things, endures all things, never ends.


Man Made Honey:
Envy, boastful, arrogance, rude, insists on its own way, it is irritable and resentful, rejoices in wrongdoing.
1 Corinthians 13


I wonder what the second day of Christmas will bring?
I.W.L.Y.T.T.H.S.



No comments: