Monday, May 9, 2011

weekly word

TREASURE...















sweet necklace my family gave me for mothers day, handmade by Lisa Leonard. It's the My Treasure Necklace and it is my inspiration for my focused word this week.

"Don't hoard treasure down here where it gets eaten by moths and corroded by rust or-worse!- stolen by burglars. Stockpile treasure in heaven, where it's safe from moth and rust and burglars. It's obvious isn't it? The place where your treasure is, is the place where you will most want to be, and end up being." Matt 6:19-21

Trea-sure
1.something of great worth of value
2. a collection of precious things
3. to hold to carefully or keep in store.

Several times in the gospels, we see Mary, Jesus' mother, storing up the events happening with Jesus in her heart. Pondering them. Thinking about them. Collecting each precious message. Holding it carefully as treasure.

My sweet mothers day gift made me think about what I treasure. I imagined collecting things that are precious to me and placing them in a jar. Storing them up, holding closely to them.

Treasure like:
You are beloved.
You are redeemed.
You are worthy
marriage
friendships
family
home
sunrises
timeless stories
prayer

Plan for the week:
1. Fill my jar with golden nuggets from Gods Word everyday.

2. Snap a picture of a treasure this week. ie: sunrise, kids laughter

3. Fill my jar with a deep intimate prayer with Father everyday.

4. Treasure time with a great friend and a good cup of coffee.

5. Know exactly what it is I hold carefully to, and let go of what only distracts me from precious treasure.

what do you treasure? how can you be more mindful of mining for it?

Kristin

No comments: