Tuesday, April 26, 2011

you will eat it... and, you will like it

It's funny how our taste buds change as we get older. Things I never would have eaten as a kid, I love now.

I usually fix asparagus once a week as a side dish. I fix it steamed, roasted, and saute. It just depends on what kind of mood I'm in. This week we had fresh asparagus saute in olive oil, with kosher salt and minced garlic. Served with left over Easter ham and a fresh cantaloupe.

The kids tend to choke it down. But, its a green vegetable that is good for my family and tends to make its way into our tummies each week.

So... we will eat it.. and, we will like it... 

A favorite for our family is fresh corn on the cob.

I boil it in a large pot for about 30 min.... and then for the good stuff.
I smother the cobs in melted butter then sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
They look pretty and taste very yummy.

We will eat this... and, LOVE IT!

 what is your favorite vegetable to prepare for your family? 

Kristin

No comments: