Thursday, November 18, 2010

On Losing Salvation

Recently, I have questioned my own salvation. In questioning, Father began to reveal to me His deal. I have come to believe the permanence of His covenant. I have behaved in away that was not godly, because I have believed a lie about myself and I am by nature a selfish person. It does not take away the truth that when I bent my knee and confessed with my mouth that Jesus is Lord I received salvation and was SEALED. I have fell back to old patterns, I have walked away at times, because I have battled with unbelief and oppression. But the minute I believed in my heart that JESUS was My Lord and savior, I was permanently sealed.

Eph. 1:13-14 " You have heard the truth, the good news that God saves you. And when you believe in Christ, he identified you as His OWN* by giving you the Holy Spirit., whom He promised long ago. The Spirit is God's guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people."

When we believe in Christ we are SEALED with the Spirit, no matter what we do. The other day I had a conversation with a friend. I told her, "but I have fallen so far." She looked me dead in the eye and said, "Who do you think you are that your sin is so great? Do you honestly think your sin is better than mine? because if you do, you need to confess pride." That changed my perspective. I may have walked away, I may have sinned greatly. But Father is always faithful to bring His OWN back. I no longer question my salvation, because I know that God's covenant is permanent. When He sealed
me it was FOREVER!!

No comments: