Friday, October 8, 2010

Communing with Father... (the life of prayer and worship)


"Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love." 1Cor 13:13 (The Message)

Jesus, Lover of my Soul. I abide under the shelter of your love. You have drawn me unto Yourself, and though I am sometimes indifferent toward you, your love for me is at all times as a flame of fire. Your longing for my love and affections is deep and constant. I look for an opportunity to have more time to be alone with you. I will take these times, though I leave the tasks at hand. Things are of less importance than precious communion with you. Our time together is like a garden full of flowers, while my time with things is like a field full of weeds and thistles.  You love me and breath into me your love. You bore my sins and wish to carry my heavy burdens for me. What a perfect gentleman you are. I receive your gift of a light and merry heart, for your love conquers all my fear and cures all my sickness. I rest my head on you and lose myself in you. As I walk with you upon the waves of my life teach me purity and humility. I am sick of the person I have been, so rearrange me in a love affair with you, until nothing is left in me but LOVE...

"Look at him there, on tiptoe at the gate, all ears, all eyes- ready! My lover has arrived and he's speaking to me!  Get up my dear friend, fair and beautiful lover- Come to me! Look around you: Winter is over; the winter rains are over and gone! Spring flowers are in blossom all over. The whole world's a choir- and singing! Spring warblers are filling the forest with sweet arpeggios.  Lilacs are exuberantly purple and perfumed, and cherry trees fragrant with blossoms. Oh, get up, dear friend, my fair and beautiful lover- come to me! SongofSongs 2:9-13

No comments: