Friday, October 1, 2010

Communing with Father... (the life of prayer and worship)

"You sent abundant rain, O God, to refresh the weary land." Ps 68:9

Father, I love you, I love you.
My season has been dry and dusty. The ground has become hard. But, I go to the hills and look, and wow, the rain is coming. The drought is over and past, and the sound of rain approaches! You are sending showers of blessings upon my waiting heart. Before I even call you have prepared for me. While I am seeking you Lord, you will come down upon me like a steady rain.

Lord I wait for you. I long for you. My soul pants for You as the thirsting deer pants for the water brooks. (Ps 42:1) I desire you with an unrelinquishing desire. Do not deny me yourself, for I have no other way to quench this thirst.

Father, You love me, You love me.
I lift my eyes to heaven, and wow, they are filled with clouds that are heavy with water. I will set out my buckets and make preparation: for the wind is rising, the leaves rustle in the trees. The air is cool and then, You come.

You come to revive and refresh.

You come to quicken and cleanse.

You come as floods upon a parched ground.

And NEW life will spring forth,

and this dry and dusty desert shall be filled with beautiful, fragrant flowers. 

Open the flood gates of heaven... LET IT RAIN

No comments: