Friday, September 24, 2010

Communing with Father.... (the life of prayer and worship)

 "Everything on earth will worship you; they will sing your praises." Psalm 66:4

Today I am launching a new thing called "Communing with Father....(a life of prayer and worship)".  Every Friday I will be posting a prayer written from the secret place in my heart and a link to a worship song that is really speaking to me at the time. It is my desire that if you are reading this you will be blessed by these words and music. I pray that you will take a few minutes to commune with Father. He longs for it more than we can imagine and it will change our hearts when we give all our affection to Him. Be Blessed in your life of prayer and worship...


Your ways are hidden from those who seek you in the flesh. Father, reveal your mysteries to me today as I seek you in the Spirit. Jesus, unify you and me, as you would a husband and wife in thought and in action, in devotion and in purpose. You wait to bless me. You wait to give me the fullness of yourself. You delight to do for me because you love me beyond my power to even know. I have held on tight to the things of this world and it is past time that I let go and place my hands in yours. It is time for me to pull my eyes away from the objects and things that I have been fixated on, that I have held precious, and let them be filled with your glory. I release my affections from all others. My heart is set free to seek you without distraction. In finding you I am fully satisfied. Then your glory can be poured out as the fragrant anointing oil upon all my relationships. "Deep calls to Deep at the roar of your waterfalls, all your breakers and your waves have gone over me." (ps. 42:7) You long for the center of my life, for your Spirit does not move from circumference to the center, but from the center to the circumference. I wholly give you my hearts affections, and you meet my every need. I set my face like a flint. I give myself to prayer, and receive your promise, that as I seek you I will surely find you..

Taken from my journal, September 11, 2010.
Much Love,
Kristin

No comments: