Thursday, January 29, 2009

It is Life...



A friend of mine called me awhile back to tell me a wonderful story. A few years ago a lady named Christina was here visiting with my friend from England. She is a beautiful lady whom I love to listen to because she has that wonderful English accent. While she was on her visit here Christina and my friend accompanied me one evening to a small church near by. I was speaking to a group of ladies who support a local crisis pregnancy center that I have been volunteering with for a number of years. I was there to share my story of past experiences with crisis pregnancy and abortion, to hopefully give them a glimpse of how their support impacts their community. It is always good to be able to put a face to how your giving makes a difference.My friend and Christina came with me as company and support, which I was very grateful for. I gave out the usual tracts and materials and in those were the small pins of baby feet at ten weeks after conception. Christina took this pin home with her to England. Now over a year later she finds herself pregnant, and not in the most ideal situation. The father says abort, he doesn't want a child. Of course all she wants to hear is, "It's OK Christina, I'm here for you and we'll make it though this." When that is not the case we can feel alone, discouraged and without hope. We can naturally be deceived to believe that abortion is the best choice. After all isn't that the enemies job, to destroy life. Christina is looking, I don't know for what, she may not even know, but she is looking, and she finds a tiny set of feet that had been keep for just this time.She looks at this amazing visual, she picks them up and hold them in her hands, she may even touch her belly where life has begun and she begins to cry. There is a whisper, a voice that says to her as she holds those precious feet, "Remember, remember the things I have planted in your heart long ago, I am God, I hold you in my hands, I will not leave you, I love you. Return to me and I will give you a blessing." The words take root and begins to grow. Christina says, "I choose life, I choose life".

What an amazing God we serve, He can stretch his hand out across the world and bind our hearts together in wonderful and amazing ways.This story has many layers and I know that Christina's life will change and God will truly bless her. His plans are for good. This has encouraged me in a special way. I tend to run in fear and not fully live the call on my heart. I rebuke that fear in the name of Jesus. Lord the next time I say I can't, I can't speak, I'm afraid to tell the story, help me to remember what you have done. Thank you father for giving me a glimpse.

" For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth-the one who accuses them before our God day and night. And they have defeated him by the blood of the lamb and by their testimony."
Revelations 12:10-11

No comments: