Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Great Physician


Everywhere Jesus went he healed. He healed the blind, the deaf, the mute, the lame and diseased, the demon possessed, and the dead. If I think about it, much of the time I'm blind, often I don't hear because of all the distractions in my mind and I don't speak because of fear, I'm sick with sin, depression and anxiety, fear and doubt. Sometimes I'm confused and needing to be raised to life again. Aren't we all in need of Jesus' healing power. Yes! The more I look at Jesus' life the more I see the central theme of healing. No matter where he went or what he was doing, whether he was teaching massive crowds of people in parables, hanging out with his buds, or rebuking all those self righteous religious leaders he was healing someone. Praise God that he is a God of healing. He knows what we need and that is to be healed and made whole. He showed us that as he walked the dusty roads of this earth.

"Healthy people don't need a doctor-sick people do. For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners" Matt. 9:12-13

No comments: